Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Advent Daily Reflections: Day 2 – Where is Jesus Coming from? – Mary’s Body? or Somewhere else?

 Where did Christ Come From? – John 8:14,16, 18,19, 23, 42; 16:28 cf. 6:35-38

Now we know that Christ existed as the Word eons ago – even before God the Father started His Creation work. He has come extremely long way in terms of time and space. He came all the way from that far and long time ago to be with us – to live among us, just like us (John 1:1-14).

But, where did Christ come from all the way, across so many countless years of time span from before the Creation of the universe, to be with us, as our Immanuel, which means “God with us” (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23)?

Fast-forward the time and the distance…to find out where Christ is coming from…

So, when Jesus, who is Christ, was in the area, called Judea, near Jerusalem, by Mt. Olive, people who wanted kill him and did not believe Jesus as Christ, argued with him. The argument started because they did not believe what Jesus said – testimonies of Jesus the Christ. During the argument Jesus the Christ mentioned about where he came from (for the Nativity) and where he is going (for the Ascension).

And Jesus the Christ said to them:

 “Even if I do testify on my own behalf, my testimony can be verified, because I know where I came from and where I am going. But you do not know where I come from or where I am going” (John 8:14).

This suggests that those who believe that Jesus is Christ also believe his testimony – what Jesus said because he is Christ and because they know where he has come from.

The argument moved from testimony to judgement…and Christ said:

Even if I should judge, my judgment is valid, because I am not alone, but it is I and the Father who sent me” (John 8:16).

I testify on my behalf and so does the Father who sent me”(John 8:18).

So, we now know that it is God the Father, who sent Christ from here He was and is and will be.

And, those who wanted kill Jesus the Christ asked where the Father is (John 8:18a), and Christ responded with these words:

You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also”(John 8:19).

Furthermore, said Christ to those who wanted to kill him:

“You belong to what is below, I belong to what is above. You belong to this world, but I do not belong to this world”(John 8:23) “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and am here; I did not come on my own, but he sent me”(John 8:42).

Finally, Christ also reminded those who wanted to kill him not only that he came from God the Father in heaven (the above) but also that he existed before Abraham, suggesting that he came from the time of eons ago, saying:

“Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM “(John 8:58).


They say Santa is coming from North Pole to bring goodies to good children. And, Christ is coming all the way from God the Father in heaven, where he also belongs to, to be with us, especially those who have sinned but wants to go to Confession and reconcile with God. And, we need Christ to reconcile with God the Father! So, he is coming to save us from the anger of God the Father!

Also, now we know, because Jesus is Christ, he is coming from God the Father in heaven, with whom Jesus, as the Word (and the Wisdom), existed before the Creation of the universe, before Abraham – before he comes through the body of Mary to be born as baby Jesus.

And Christ is coming all the way from God the Father (John 6:35-38; 8:16,18, 42;14:2-9; 16;28) with whom he is one (John 10:30; 14:10-11). Because Christ is one with God the Father, we can also meet the Father in Christ, when he arrives!

Let us look forward to Christ’s arrival with hope and keeping our eyes wide open so that we will not miss him when he comes. And, Jesus wants us to keep our eyes open for his coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment